Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #56

Hi everyone and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be participating in Waiting on Wednesday, and meme originally created by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. Jill hasn't been active for a while, so Tressa @ Wishful Endings has adopted it! If you see posts by the name of "Can't Wait Wednesday," it's the same thing!

The book I'm looking forward to this week is Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsey Cummings!
Most know Androma Racella as the Bloody Baroness, a powerful mercenary whose reign of terror stretches across the Mirabel Galaxy. To those aboard her glass starship, Marauder, however, she's just Andi, their friend and fearless leader.

But when a routine mission goes awry, the Marauder's all-girl crew is tested as they find themselves in a treacherous situation and at the mercy of a sadistic bounty hunter from Andi's past.

Meanwhile, across the galaxy, a ruthless ruler waits in the shadows of the planet Xen Ptera, biding her time to exact revenge for the destruction of her people. The pieces of her deadly plan are about to fall into place, unleashing a plot that will tear Mirabel in two.

Andi and her crew embark on a dangerous, soul-testing journey that could restore order to their shipor just as easily start a war that will devour worlds. As the Marauder hurtles toward the unknown, and Mirabel hangs in the balance, the only certainty is that in a galaxy run on lies and illusion, no one can be trusted.

Why I'm Waiting 

If you are familiar with the booktube community, you might have heard of Sasha, who is also known as abookutopia. Lindsey Cummings is known for her duology The Murder Complex, which I have never read. I've personally been watching Sasha for quite some time now. I was hesitant about Zenith for quite a while, but I'm now officially on board! If you didn't know, science fiction is one of my favorite genres, especially those garnered to YA! (Two of my favorite books this year is This Mortal Coil by Emily Suvada and The Empress by SJ Kincaid) Even if Zenith ends up to be disappointing, I will be glad to read it!   

Are you looking foward to Zentih?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

10 comments:

  1. Oh nice! Been seeing a lot of this one around! Curious about it, but feeling like I might wait for reviews tom trickle in! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I might not read it RIGHT away, but it's on my TBR! Thanks for visiting Jessica!

      Delete
  2. I'm curious about this one and will definitely request it from my library even if I doubt I'll purchase it. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about requesting it from my library as well!! Here's hoping we love it.

      Delete
  3. This seems a very intriguing book. I think I'll have to take a look at it.

    Happy readings! ;)
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever give it a go, let me know! I'd love to hear your thoughts.:)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Renee! I'll be sure to visit your post. :)

      Delete
  5. Totally new to me, but the cover looks beautiful. Hope you´ll enjoy your pick. Thanks for sharing.
    My Pick

    Best wishes
    Vi @Inkvotary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! At first I was underwhelmed, but the more I like it, the more I enjoy it! I'll be sure to check out your post.

      Thanks for stopping by Vi! :D

      Delete